Monday, February 22, 2010

Kabhi Alvida naa Kehna

Starring Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukherji, Amitabh Bachchan, Abishek Bachchan,Priety Zinta and Kirron Kher. A Karan Johar Film.

In this film Karan Johar takes us on a journey through the eyes of two married couples. Within each marriage, there is a love hanging on for dear life and a love that has faded away. Each couple struggles to keep their marriage alive and yet all parties involved are unhappy in order to "do the right thing"

SRK is wonderful as a bitter, angry man whose dreams are lost. I found myself feeling his pain as his life suddenly changed and he seemed destined to have a hollow existence. He is one actor that can simply look at a woman with longing in his eyes and kiss her on the neck and it becomes infinitely more sensuous and titillating than any sex scene.

Abishek Bachchan was excellent as a loving husband. He really made me laugh in this film several times, exposing a side I don't often see in him. Particularly the scene where his wife asks him to take his pants off in the kitchen and his subsequent antics.
His anguish and anger upon hearing that his wife was unfaithful to him was so moving and well done. This was a wonderful part for him, I really got to see all facets of his acting.

I did not like the Sexy Sam character that Bachchan senior played but I do love how his son played off that character. I did, however, enjoy his few moments as a loving father though. The two Bachchans dancing together was a lot of fun to watch. During that same dance scene, there were incredible costumes on the female dancers particular the lineup of women in green dresses.

I love Kirron Kher as SRK's mother, one of my favorite actresses. She is always perfect in any role and her hair was astonishingly beautiful in this movie.

Both Priety and Rani were beautiful and good actresses as always. I did find Rani a little flat in places but not sure if that was her acting or the fact that she was supposed to be a shy, introverted type of character.

There were a few corny, badly written moments in this movie but overall it was an excellent movie.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Angela
    angelabrooks741 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete