Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kal Ho Naa Ho

Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta and Saif Ali Khan

The title song to this movie is one of my favorite Indian songs. I sing it a lot and I get a certain feeling of melancholy love when I hear it. It's really beautiful.

I have a love/hate relationship with this movie. I almost didn't watch it after the first 10 minutes because I thought it was so bad. The beginning is rather silly and the item numbers are tacky. However, there is a bit of humorous stuff in there and about halfway through, it gets a little more serious. However by the end of the movie, I was totally emotionally invested and the end is a tear jerker. I'll say no more but if you can suffer through the beginning and fast forward through the songs, you'll likely enjoy the rest of it.

3 comments: