Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fanaa (destroyed in love)

Aamir Khan, Kajol, Rishi Kapoor, Kirron Kher

The beginning of this movie was quite pleasant. Kajol plays a blind girl and goes off to another city to participate in a musical performance with some friends and a chaperone. It's her first time away from home. She's quite naive and vulnerable. She meets up with a tour guide, played by Aamir Khan and they fall in love and wed, but a tragedy occurs on their wedding day.
The story takes a really strange twist and becomes quite intense. It has a very suspenseful and unexpected ending.
One of the highlights was Rishi Kapoor. He played the father of Kajol and I have only seen him in one movie from when he was a young man and I do know that he is considered a great Indian actor. I loved his role as the father. My favorite Kirron Kher plays yet another loving mother role but she only plays a small part.
I am not particularly a big fan of Aamir Khan but I do think he was well cast in this part.
I really liked this movie and while it was not a tear jerker, it was quite sad and left you feeling a bit empty at the end.

6 comments: